Terms & Conditions
- Internet bidding is provided as a service and convenience to allow people to bid at the live gallery style auction from your computer.
- onlinetrainauction.com has made every effort to accurately describe all items being sold, but all property offered for sale is offered “as is” and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this catalog, bill of sale or invoice shall be deemed to be a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any of these items. Any such statements are strictly matters of opinion.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to make any changes to the terms of the sale and to the catalog.
- Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the Auctioneer’s “hammer”. The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility of the lot purchased once title has passed.
- Payment may be made by cash, cashier’s check, money order, personal check, credit cards and PayPal.
- Payment for an auction item that is received by onlinetrainauction.com more than 7 days after the receipt of invoice voids all rights to returns, for any reason.
- All shipments are shipped by USPS.
- Kentucky residents must pay 6% sales tax unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax. Out of state buyers are not required to pay Kentucky sales tax for absentee purchases unless they take delivery of the items in the state of Kentucky, this includes picking up an item in Kentucky that was bid via the internet. Attending bidders are required to pay sales tax unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax.
- onlinetrainauction.com makes every effort to execute the bids, however we are NOT responsible for any missed bids.
- onlinetrainauction.com is not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or in the subsequent price key.
- By bidding in this auction, you acknowledge and agree that all parties consent to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Kenton County, Kentucky. All parties acknowledge and agree that this agreement has been entered into in the State of Kentucky and that it shall be construed in accord with the laws of the State of Kentucky.
- There are no refunds for items not picked up on time! If you cannot make the removal, you need to send someone on your behalf to pick up for you with their own ID and the printed invoice. After the scheduled removal dates, items will be considered abandoned and you will be charged a removal fee for disposal of your items.
- All auctions are presumed to be with reserve unless they are explicitly absolute or without reserve.
KRS 330.220(5) and KRS 355.2-328(3)
- There is no requirement that at an auction with reserve that the reserve must be announced when it is attained.
- Please be aware that many bidders routinely increase their own bid to price an item out of reach of other bidders. You should immediately review your bids once submitted. If you mistakenly increase your own bid, place your bidder number in the bid field, or make a typo you must immediately contact our office by in writing – please use the contact sheet on our website (we MUST have your request in writing). We will not reverse bids after the auction has closed, no exceptions. ***Please note that bid cancellations or retractions are at the manager’s discretion only – submitting your bidding error does not guarantee that your bid can or will be deleted/retracted/cancelled.
- Bid Notification: If you have been outbid you will be notified by email until the auction begins to close. To quickly review your bids and see if you have won, you can utilize the ‘review bids’ feature. Items that you have been outbid on will be clearly marked.
- Winning Bidder Notification: You will be contacted by email ONLY (you are responsible for checking your email) If you feel you have won an item and have not received an email, you must notify us via our contact submission form no later than 9am the next day.
- Pick up and removal will be identified on the website and via email. Buyer is responsible for showing one form of identification and winning bid notification upon retrieving items won. No one without a form of personal identification will be allowed to remove an item from the auction site without proper identification.
- If you are tax exempt, prior to the conclusion of any online auction you must submit a copy of the appropriate states tax exempt form. All forms can be mailed to 319 Linden Street, Ludlow KY 41011 or faxed to 859-360-0531 If you have any questions contact 859-360-0531 or email our support team via our website contact submission page. You must include your bidder number and the closing date of the auction. Forms without this information will not be accepted and you will have to apply to the state for a refund.
- We want everyone to get a good deal and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients are not willing to assume the cost of your mistakes. When in doubt about condition, completeness or suitability for intended use, please bid accordingly.
- Auction items can be previewed in person by setting up an appointment in the weeks previous to the auction. View our website for more information at http://www.aergroup.net/our-store/calendar.
- In bidding on any lot here offered the bidder indicates acceptance of these Terms of Sale. For additional information regarding the Terms of Sale as stated or any other matter relevant to this auction contact: American Eagle Railroad Group, 319 Linden Street Ludlow, KY41016 Fax: 859-360-0531 , Tel: 859-577-5007.
We appreciate your bids and your business!